Groups and Organizations
The following information and guidelines is for groups-ministries approved by the pastor for the usage of facilities at St. Justin Martyr and Sacred Heart Mission.
These guidelines were given to the ministries/organizations/groups at the Parish Council Meeting in January of 2016.
Guidelines in PDF format
Guidelines on RESERVING a room at Saint Justin Martyr Parish & Sacred Heart Mission
Only groups authorized by the Pastor can request a room to be reserved.
Requested rooms for meetings/events are to be used for approved purposes only.
Every year in the Spring each Department and Organization is requested to submit the following:
· Information Sheet (List of those authorized to check out keys,must be age 18 or over)
· Calendar Request Form for the Fiscal Year (July – June)
· Membership List with (*) by the names of those who work with children
· Facility Usage Submittal Form (required per each Special Event)
- Dates will not be scheduled to the Parish Calendar unless all of the above documents are on file. \
- Please plan ahead by using the yearly scheduling. If you are in need of an additional meeting date throughout the year that was not scheduled on your yearly request it must be submitted at least 5 working days in advance (M-F). We will no longer accept last minute scheduling requests.
- When children are present for a gathering or meeting, they must be supervised at all times BY TWO ADULTS that have met the Safe Environment Requirement mandated by the Diocese of Orange.
- No Alcoholic beverages are to be served at any meeting or event.
- With the exception of Special Events, all facilities are to be vacated before 10:00 PM including back parking lot. (Vacating the premises is for the protection and safety of parishioners and Parish Staff) If the main parking lot is used for parking, and you are the last ones to leave, please close the gates.
- Parish Events take a priority in scheduling. If your event is in conflict the Parish Coordinator will work with you to try and find another space or another date that is available.
Requiring a Facility Usage Submittal Form
SPECIAL EVENTS that require pre-approval and completion of Facility Usage Submittal Form must be included and submitted with your Annual Calendar Request Form or 4 months prior to the event.
Special Events include:
· Retreats with Outside Guest Speakers/Presenters and/or Musicians
· Special Events with Outside Guest Speakers/Presenters and/or Musicians
· Large Parish Events (Fiestas, Festivals, etc., etc.)
· General Parish Fundraising (All proceeds are to be submitted and turned in for the good of the Parish)
How to reserve facility use space
If you are reserving facility use space for:
General Meeting, whose purpose does not include Outside Guest Speaker Presenter and/or Outside Musicians, etc:
o SUBMIT and USE (Calendar Request Form) email to the attention of the Parish Coordinator, Jo Ann Davis at email@example.com
If you are reserving facility use space for:
Retreats, Retreats with Outside Guest Speaker/Presenter and/or Musicians or Special Events with Outside Guests Speaker/Presenter and/or Musicians:
o SUBMIT and USE (Facility Usage Form for Retreats and Special Events)
e-mail to the attention of Coordinator of Faith Formation for Adults, Deacon Jose Ferreras, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are reserving facility use space for:
Large Parish Events (Fiestas, Festivals) & General Parish Fundraising Event:
o SUBMIT and USE (Facility Usage Submittal Form for Retreats and Special Events) e-mail to the attention of Coordinator of Faith Formation for Adults, Deacon Jose Ferreras, at email@example.com
Once your meeting/event and date is approved, your Calendar Request will be scheduled on the Parish Scheduling Calendar, viewable on parish website www.saintjustin.org/calendar . The Organization Chairperson or contact person will receive a confirmation e-mail from OUTLOOK showing that this event was scheduled.
· Please provide a minimum 2 weeks advance notice to the Parish Coordinator if your meeting or event is CANCELLED; this will allow other Organizations to use the facility.
· Inform the Parish Coordinator by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org of any change in leadership, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail address, key pick up authorization etc. in your organization.
The day of your meeting or event you will need to CHECK OUT KEYS for use of the facility.
KEYS: Keys must be picked up at the St. Justin Martyr Parish Office before closing time.
o Mon. - Fri.: 5:45 PM, Sat.: 5:45 PM, Sun.: 1:00 PM. Closing times may vary.
o OFFICE IS CLOSED Monday – Saturday from Noon - 1:30 PM for lunch. Office is CLOSED on legal holidays and other days as noted in the Bulletin.
o REMINDER: In being good stewards, please utilize the Donations Envelopes to offset the costs of Lighting/Electrical & Maintenance.
Included in the key envelope will be attendance sign in sheet FOR YOUR USE. At the conclusion of your meeting or event, please return keys, donation envelope and attendance sign in sheet to the SJM Parish Office before closing time or use the drop box at each location.
HOUSEKEEPING REMINDERS when using
Saint Justin Martry Parish and Sacred Heart Mission Facilities
Close and lock windows, shut off lights that are not on sensors, and make certain all doors are locked prior to leaving.
Make certain that the facility is left in proper order prior to leaving.
Inform the Parish Coordinator if the facility had been left improperly maintained when you arrived by noting any abnormalities on the key form, or by taking pictures and e-mailing them to the Parish Coordinator at email@example.com
Inform the Parish Coordinator if you find anything in the rooms needing repair or is hazardous prior to your usage or during your usage by noting the problem on the key form, or by taking pictures and e-mailing them to Parish Maintenance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be respectful that we do not have sound proof walls. Please keep the volume level to a minimum as not to disturb or interrupt the meetings within close vicinity.
For your safety, be reminded to keep outer doors shut during your meetings. Do not prop doors open.
Note guidelines below for each room being used, equipment needs, general information etc.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES MAY RESULT IN FINES OF $50
or LOSS OF PRIVILEGES FOR FACILITY USE.
SJM O’CONNOR HALL USAGE:
Please oversee the proper setup and take down of chairs and tables. To prevent floor scratches please use the chair dolly when moving and when returning chairs and tables to the storage area. Refer to photos for proper stacking. Tables and chairs are to be properly cleaned of food and spills. A mop, bucket, and dry mop are located in the janitor’s closet just inside the Boys’ Restroom. Please clean floors of any spills during and after your event. Miscellaneous items in the pantry are available for use by all except when marked SCHOOL ONLY.
·If the Hall Kitchen is used to prepare food and is not properly cleaned and requires more than routine maintenance, a $50.00 cleanup fee will be charged as well as a loss of privilege to use the kitchen for future events. Serve food on disposable dishes only; do not leave food in the kitchen or refrigerators.
All trash is to be placed in properly lined garbage cans. At the conclusion of your meeting or event tie, and secure the garbage bags and dispose in the dumpster located on the south side of the hall or back lot.
The door between the Hall and the Hall Meeting Room is to be locked.
SACRED HEART MISSION ROOM 0:
Please oversee the proper setup and take down of chairs and tables. To prevent floor scratches please use the chair dolly when moving and when returning chairs and tables to the storage area. Refer to photos for proper stacking. Tables and chairs are to be properly cleaned of food and spills. A mop and bucket are located in the janitor’s closet between the Boys’ and Girls’ Restrooms. Please clean floors of any spills during and after your event.
• All trash is to be disposed of in garbage cans located at the back of the Office and Room O. At the conclusion of your meeting or event tie, and secure garbage bags and dispose in the garbage cans.
• The door between the Office and Room 0 is to be locked.
• Close and lock all windows and doors before leaving.
Submit in writing (2 weeks prior) or at the time you are reserving facility for all equipment needs such as projection screens, microphones and microphone stands, easels, podiums, basketball hoop up and/or down (in O’Connor Hall), etc... Last minute request may result in no availability.
- No amplifiers are to be used in meeting rooms other than Church or Hall.
- Prior approval is required by the Parish Coordinator to plug any additional equipment into outlets, such as electronic equipment, speakers, sound mixers, microwaves, etc.
Advertising your events:
Articles for bulletin: Articles are to be submitted to Irene in the Parish Office no later than 5 p.m. on the Monday preceding the Sunday they are to be published. Deadlines may vary due to holiday closures. Articles can be emailed (preferred method) to email@example.com or mailed or delivered to the SJM Parish Office. Articles in Spanish: submit in Spanish or allow one extra week for translations. All articles are subject to approval and editing.
Verbal Announcements at Mass: Items of general interest may be submitted for verbal announcements at our Saturday night and Sunday Masses. Announcements are due no later than 5 p.m. on the Monday preceding the Sunday they are to be read. Announcements can be emailed (preferred method) to Irene at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed or delivered to the SJM Parish Office.
Guidelines for Verbal Announcements at Mass: The announcement must be for an event that is happening immediately after Mass on the day it is announced. For example, an announcement for a Pancake Breakfast that ended at 11 a.m. would be read only at the Sunday 6:45, 8:00, and 9:30 a.m. Masses only. Announcements for events happening later in the week or the following week will not be accepted. Announcements must be very brief, and are subject to approval and editing.
Flyers, posters and banners: Must be approved prior to posting in Vestibule, on fence or under the shelter. Suggested sizes: FLYERS (8 ½” x 11”) and POSTERS (8 ½” x 14”), (11” x 17”) or (22” x 28”). Lamination is preferred with grommets at all four corners, BANNERS not larger than (10’ length x
3’ high) again with grommets at all four corners. Please deliver flyers, poster and banners to the SJM Parish Office 2-3 weeks prior to event and the Maintenance Staff will post in the appropriate spaces.
For questions regarding these guidelines, please contact:
Jo Ann Davis, Parish Coordinator
Email at email@example.com or Call
Direct line (714) 917-2706 (Monday thru Friday)
Parish Phone (714) 774-2595 ext. 106
REVISED: January 2016